Open Water Diver course with SA SCUBA SHACK
Did you know that 71% of our planet is covered in water ? You have seen movies, videos or pictures of scuba divers exploring some of the most beautiful places where the reefs are spectacular, sea turtles flourish and ship wrecks are mysterious. Ever thought about exploring the underwater world yourself ? The first step in beginning your own journey into the world beneath the waves starts by enrolling in a Open Water Diver Course. The Open Water Diver Course provides the initial Scuba Diving Certification and will enable you to dive as a confident, safe and knowledgeable diver anywhere in the world.
What You Learn
The Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, home study or in a classroom ) to understand basic principles of scuba diving,
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills,
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
To enroll in the Open Water Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must be:
- 10 years or older.
- Physical: For safety, all students must complete a brief scuba medical questionnaire. If any of the questions apply to you, for safety precautions, your medical doctor must assess the condition as it relates to diving, and sign a medical statement which confirms you’re fit to dive.
- Click here to download the Medical Statement.
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is...well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you'll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you'll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your Instructor.
We Offer An ALL Inclusive Package
- An ALL Inclusive NAUI Open Water Diver Package of $795.95 +Tax.
- An ALL Inclusive PADIOpen Water Diver Package of $895.95 +Tax.
We openly disclose the minimum cost of the entire course, rather than quoting what appears to be an extremely low price, then surprising you with additional costs and fees once you have started, or about to start the course. Any additional costs incurred are due to customer selected upgrades only. We include the following:
- Tuition: A certified dive professional will conduct a brief in-house review of the online academics to help answer any questions and ensure you feel comfortable with the covered material. Additionally, the instructor will demonstrate all topside and underwater skills, then guide you through each step in learning the skills in a pool session, then repeating those skills in the open water sessions.
- Academic Materials: A Dive Log book and an online access to the eLearning course will be provided upon enrollment. This provides you the ability to complete the academic portion at your own pace. The online course will cover the academic basics with brief quizzes throughout. At the end, you will complete the online Final Exam. A copy of the scores must be printed (or emailed) to our dive shop prior to class start. This portion MUST be 100% completed prior to the first day of class. If it is not completed, your class start date must be rescheduled.
- Personal Scuba Starter Set: Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Neoprene Boots (All Scuba Quality) - Yours to Keep. No recycling of used equipment.
- All Rental Gear for Pool and Open Water Dives: BCD, Regulator, Octopus, Compass, Dive Computer, Weights, Tank, Air Fills and Wetsuit.
- Open Water Certification Card. Lifetime certification identification card and all related processing.
- Lake / River entry fees are not included.
When Do Classes Start
We have classes starting just about anytime. We also offer a variety of online home-study options for the Open Water Diver course made available through eLearning via the internet.
Have Questions ? Check Out Our FAQ's
We have provided some FAQ's that will help answer some common questions. Check out our FAQ page here.
Still have questions ? Contact SA SCUBA SHACK to personalise the best study option for you!